Saturday, May 31, 2014

Summertime (And The Living Is Easy)


            First off, sorry I didn’t make a post yesterday. As I said earlier, I didn’t originally think that I’d be making posts on this every day, but after going a few days doing so, I started to feel obligated to give y’all daily updates. Yesterday, though, I just didn’t have time to sit down and write one. At about nine in the morning yesterday Jesse knocked on my back door and asked if I wanted to go into town with him. Cristina was working until three, and I didn’t have any other plans that morning, so I said sure. He had to get a few supplies for the little grill party we’re having this evening, so we spent the morning going around the small, fun town of Jackson. We also stopped to eat lunch before heading back into the park since we figured we’d miss lunch at the EDR.
            When we got back to the lodge, Jesse and I put the things we’d bought in our rooms and hung out on our back porch for a while again, just enjoying the amazing day. Cristina eventually got off work and came out to join us, and Elliot came out too. The four of us then went to dinner at the EDR together. It was payday yesterday, so after dinner we decided to go back into Jackson to cash our checks and go out and enjoy the Friday night. We went into one of the local bars, played a few games of pool, and ended up having a really great night. We got back to the lodge a little after ten, then went over to the Whistle Pig. Nate joined us there when he got off work.
            This morning I had my first morning shift, and it was really easy. I was working with Cristina, and it wasn’t very busy, so it turned out to be a pretty nice shift. I also learned that I’d gotten a shout out for great service by one of the guests. They labeled me on the shout out as “Elizabeth (from Texas)”, which I thought was pretty funny.
            After work Cristina, Elliot, Jesse and I went to the lodge’s swimming pool for a while. It felt really nice to be in the water, which wasn’t as cold as I expected.
Nate went on a raft trip today with some of his friends from his dorm. When he gets back Jesse’s going to start up the grill. We got sausages, mushrooms, red peppers, and a few other things to have when we were in Jackson. Being out there on our beautiful back patio with them will definitely be really nice. It looked like rain for a while this afternoon, but cleared up. Tomorrow Cristina, Nate and I all work the later shift at the desk, which should be cool. 
This whole using song lyrics as blog titles thing is a lot of fun. Also, I think it proves that I was born in the wrong generation. This guy is way before my time, yet I've known a lot of his music since I was about five years old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment