Friday, September 5, 2014

Back To The Place Where I Belong


            I just finished spending this evening packing up my suitcase and cleaning out my dresser drawers here in my room. Tomorrow I’m sure I’ll take down the decorations that I’ve put up on my wall and sweep up the place. It’s hard to believe that I only have two more full days left in this park before it’s time to head home. The main thing I’m dreading about leaving is just saying goodbye to Cristina, Tanner, Nate and Jesse. On the other hand, though, I’m more than ready to see everybody back home in San Antonio.
            This morning was pretty slow and easy at the desk, as I knew it would be. I was working with David, Rebecca, and Rob- it was actually my very last shift with Rob. He’s leaving tonight to go to San Diego for a few days, and by the time he gets back here I’ll be gone. I was originally scheduled to work the later shift tomorrow, then the earlier one the next day. Today, near the end of my shift, Rob asked me if I’d actually work the earlier shift both of the next two days, which I said would be fine. I would’ve kind of liked to sleep in tomorrow, but I knew the morning shift would be easier, so I agreed to switch. So now my schedule is to work seven to three tomorrow with David, Cristina, and Jen. It’s kind of strange for Jen to be working that shift tomorrow; it seems like she’s always working the later shift. I thought that yesterday’s shift would be the last time we’d work together, though, so in a way it’s nice that I got switched. On Sunday, my last day at the desk, I’ll be working with Cristina, Maggie, and Emily. Maybe Sunday evening I’ll go to the Whistle Pig one last time. I probably won’t stay very late, though, since I have to be up really early to get to the airport Monday morning. I’m still surprised that Jesse actually offered to drive me there that early; it’ll be nice to have a little more time with him.
            I wish that I had more fun news to share today, but I really don’t. It was a day of work at the desk and packing up. I’m sure tomorrow will be pretty similar.

“Well I'm going home,
Back to the place where I belong,
And where your love has always been enough for me.
I'm not running from.
No, I think you got me all wrong.
I don't regret this life I chose for me.
But these places and these faces are getting old,
So I'm going home.”
Daughtry, Home

No comments:

Post a Comment