Saturday, May 24, 2014

Best Days Of My Life


            There was a time when I honestly thought I’d never find a place I love more than the San Antonio Zoo. But I must say that no place has felt more like heaven to me than this park. It’s without a doubt the most beautiful place I’ve ever been, but that’s not even all of it. My job itself is actually really nice, especially with my fun coworkers and supervisors. GTLC is a great company to work for, and I’ve loved every minute of it.
            I worked the 3-11 shift yesterday with Nate and Jen, one of our managers. It’s gotten easier with shift. The only thing that took some getting used to was learning the computer system that we use to check people in and out. I think after doing a couple of check ins, though, everyone’s nervousness went away. Tonight, since we’re expecting it to be busier than yesterday, it’ll be me, Nate, and Maggie working 3-11. Still shouldn’t be hard, though. In a way I prefer it when it’s busier since the shift seems to go faster.
            Last night when we got off work, I sat right outside of my dorm building for a while and watched the meteor shower that was happening. Cristina was already asleep by the time I got in our room, and I was pretty tired too, so I didn’t stay out too long. This morning I did some reading on our back porch, and saw “Todd”, the neighborhood fox, again. He’s beautiful.
            At lunch today I looked up the zoo’s website to see the schedule for zoo camp, and almost automatically started putting it in my phone calendar. It was weird realizing that I didn’t need to do that, since that didn’t apply to me anymore. It’ll definitely be strange to not be involved with zoo camp for the first time in so many summers, but I’m glad I’m doing this instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment