Thursday, May 8, 2014

See You Later, San Antonio!


            Well, I guess this is it. My bags are packed and waiting by the door, and I’ve hugged and said bye to my friends here in SA. I went out this evening with my family for one last Mexican food meal before leaving (kinda doubt I’ll find great Mexican food in Wyoming), and I admit, I got a bit emotional as I said goodbye to them. It’ll definitely be very different being away from all of them for this long.
            Yesterday I spent the day at the SA zoo, seeing all the people and animals I love one more time before leaving. I managed to avoid crying, but as I hugged and said goodbye to some of my education buddies (cough cough Laurie and Lana) I came pretty close. Not working zoo camp this summer will be weird; it’s been a part of my life for many years now. I’ll miss working with the crazy teen volunteers that kept my job interesting and fun, and the regular campers that I’ve gotten to know over the summers. But at the same time, I’m really glad that I decided to try something different this year, and I can’t wait to get up to Grand Teton National Park! The emails I’ve been getting from my soon-to-be supervisors and coworkers just makes me more excited and happy to be spending my summer this way. I really can’t wait to meet them all, and especially to meet my roommate. Since I’ve never had a roommate before, I’m curious about how that will be.
            Well, tomorrow morning my dad and I are going to pick up the rental car we’re using on the drive up, and then hit the road! To my amazement and excitement, he offered to drive me up there instead of put me on a plane. Neither of us have been in that area of the country before, so it should be a great road trip! Heading to Lubbock first to hang with my bro one more time before leaving, then on to Wyoming! 

No comments:

Post a Comment