Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Friends, Fun, and Fire Alarms


            Last night wasn’t as busy at work as the past two nights. It was a pretty interesting and fun shift actually, though it did get pretty slow near the end. A couple came in the afternoon that had originally reserved one of the classic cottages outside, but asked if they could be upgraded to one of the mountain view rooms in the lodge. I checked on availability, and was able to move them to one of the better rooms. The couple then gave me my first tip of the season, which was pretty cool. Then, at about five, we had a fire alarm go off in the lobby. They’d briefly talked about the procedure in training, so we all walked out of the building to the flagpole in the parking lot, near the swimming pool, which just opened. After a few minutes we went back inside. Christopher later told us that there was some water in the elevator that had caused it. Don't know why that would set off a fire alarm...
            After dinner it got pretty slow, so I mainly just talked with Maggie and James, another one of my coworkers that was working with us, as well as Jen and Christopher, the managers on duty. Zach, one of the bellmen, hung around the desk and talked with us too.
            When the shift ended at eleven, I went to the Whistle Pig and met Nate, Elliot, Tanner, and some other people to hang out. Maggie and James came too, as well as Jen and Emily, one of the other managers. Again, we hung out in there until it closed at midnight. Cristina was asleep by the time I got back to the dorm.
            Today I work the 3-11 shift again, then Wednesday I work from 7-3, which is a shift I’ve never had before. I’m kind of looking forward to it actually. Check-outs are a lot easier to do than check-ins, so it shouldn’t be hard, and I get to leave at three, which will be especially nice since I have the next two days off. When it was slow last night I went across the lobby to the activities desk and got some information to get an idea of how to spend my next weekend. It should be fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment