Sunday, May 11, 2014

Stuck in Colder Weather

Wonder who knows what song I'm quoting with this title... So, unlike planned, I'm writing this post in the same spot that I wrote yesterday's. We woke up this morning to see that it was actively snowing here in Fort Collins. It didn't seem that bad, though, so we checked out of the hotel early and were back on the road by 7:30 (which felt like 8:30 for us). We hadn't been on the road long when we saw a sign that the highway we needed was closed from here to Laramie, WY due to the snow. With not much else to do, we returned to the hotel, got our room back, and looked up alternate routes, road closures, and weather conditions from here to Jackson. Most of the highways were closed or at least in bad condition, and by about 10:00 we could tell we probably wouldn't be able to continue the trip today. The snow is still steadily falling outside the window as I'm writing this, and the wind is blowing pretty strong as well. Thankfully we planned to have a few extra days before I have to report to work, and the bulk of the trip was made yesterday, so we're not in too big a rush. Hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to continue though. 
I honestly don't really mind that we were pushed back a day. Call me young and naive, but this is the heaviest snowfall I've seen in my life. As long as we're here in this warm hotel (that serves dinner!), the snow outside is beautiful. 
       

2 comments:

  1. Very proud of you girl. But I gotta admit I'm going to be missing my "perfect niece!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Uncle Mark. I'll definitely miss you too!

      Delete