Saturday, May 10, 2014

Look Out Jackson Town!


            Okay, maybe there’s a theme forming as far as my post titles. And before someone asks, yes, I know that the city Johnny Cash is referring to in that song isn’t Jackson, Wyoming. Anyway… we survived day two of the road trip! After being on the road for nearly ten hours today, and passing into Mountain Standard Time, we accomplished our goal of getting to Fort Collins. Not long after getting off the highway here, we passed a pond with several Canada geese standing around it. A fairly simple sight, but I still thought it was pretty cool.  
We came a lot farther today than we need to go tomorrow, so we should be in Jackson with some time to look around the town before the sun goes down. Then, Monday we’ll finally get to explore Grand Teton National Park!  
            On the road today we got a view of the Rockies- which still have plenty of snow on them! It’s definitely a lot colder here in Fort Collins than it was in Lubbock this morning. Also rained a bit this evening. So it’s very possible that it’s snowing in GT tonight.
            When we crossed into New Mexico this morning, it felt strange knowing that I’ll be out of Texas for much longer than I’ve ever been before. But the view of the snow-covered mountain peaks made me too excited to be sad. I’ll be in Jackson tomorrow!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment