Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Temporary Home


            So my suitcase is unpacked, my stuff is put away, and I’m officially moved into the employee dorms here next to Jackson Lake Lodge! I just got back from having dinner at the employee cafeteria with my roommate, Cristina. Turns out we’re both animal and literature nuts (we both love Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy), and we’ll both be front desk agents at the lodge this summer.
Along with getting settled into the dorm, I’ve briefly met three of my supervisors and gotten a tour of the area, including walking around the lodge itself. The view of the Tetons from the upstairs lobby is just spectacular. I’ll take some pictures and post them later, but there’s nothing like seeing it in person.
Tomorrow we’ll have an orientation, get our uniforms and employee ID’s, and meet the other coworkers. It looks like a lot of the employees are already here. The employee parking lots are pretty full and the cafeteria was very full and busy this evening. So far everyone’s been really friendly; while eating dinner several guys came to sit at the table next to us and introduced themselves, and the supervisors that I met seemed really nice. I’m living in dorm two, which is a co-ed dorm. Our dorm definitely doesn’t seem full yet. In fact, so far it seems like Cristina and I are the only girls in the building. The dorm buildings are fairly small; one floor with about ten rooms on each side of the hall. The whole area seems pretty easy to learn. I’ve only been here a couple of hours, and already feel like I know it fairly well. Awesomely enough, the walk from my dorm room to the lodge desk where I’ll be working is less than ten minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment