Friday, May 2, 2014

One Week!

A week from today I’ll be leaving San Antonio for five months. I can’t believe how fast this has come! I got the job offer in early March, but it feels much more recent than that. I’ve been getting introduction emails from my supervisors at Jackson Lake Lodge, as well as the people that will be my coworkers. So far I haven’t heard from anyone else from Texas. I keep wondering if I have a “Texas accent”, or if the people up in Wyoming will sound different. Guess I’ll just have to wait and see.
I spent this afternoon hanging out at the zoo and, not going to lie, when I thought about the fact that I’d soon be leaving, I almost started to cry. Just kept telling myself that it’s not a permanent goodbye. Since I was a very regular zoo guest even before I started volunteering, this trip may very well be the longest I’ve been away from that place in my entire life.
However, all of that being said, the thought of being up in Wyoming so soon makes me super excited! I’ve looked at plenty of pictures that were taken in and around the park, but I’ve learned from behind the scenes opportunities at the zoo, seeing a picture and seeing the actual thing are two very different experiences. It’s impossible to decide what I’m most excited about. I do know that May is a great time to see the park’s wildlife with their babies. That should be awesome; I’m definitely bringing my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment