Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Change of Plans


            So turns out they changed the schedule around a bit and I’m actually working from 3-11 again today. Cristina and Nate will be working with me, though, so it should be a fun shift. It was also nice to sleep in a bit today, instead of having to be at work at seven, since I worked until eleven yesterday. They posted a new schedule yesterday that says, instead of having Thursday and Friday off, I’ll actually have Friday and Saturday off. If the second schedule is correct I’ll be working seven days in a row, but I’d honestly kind of prefer that since I would like Saturday off. I’m going to ask the supervisors today about which schedule I should follow.
            I got let out of work about half an hour early yesterday since it was pretty slow. Cristina, Nate, and Anthony, Nate’s roommate, had gone up to the Blue Heron, the lodge’s cocktail lounge, so I went up to join them. It’s a nice place, but probably one that we won’t go to often since it’s pretty expensive. The Whistle Pig is cheaper and overall more relaxed and fun. I really like that this company gives its employees a place to hang out and have fun without being around the guests. I've said a few times to people, working here kind of feels like a mix between college and summer camp. 
Cristina’s never worked the later shift before, so I think she’s a bit nervous. The morning shift is easier since checkouts are so much simpler to do than check-ins, but I got the hang of it pretty quickly. Also, since it’s Wednesday, I don’t expect it to be a super busy day. And it’ll be easier since there will be three of us again instead of two. I really don’t mind it being busy since that makes the time go faster than if we’re just standing around with not much to do. But since Cristina and Nate will be working with me, it’ll be nice even if it’s really slow. The managers on duty will be Christopher and Emily, like yesterday, and they’re both pretty laid back and fun as well.
Also, I just have to say, when I decided to keep a blog about this summer, I figured I’d try to update it a couple of times a week. I honestly didn’t think I’d make a new post every single day, like I’ve been doing. A few days I haven’t really had a lot of news to share, but I’ve still tried to find things to make my posts as interesting and fun as possible. I really like using this as a way to keep in touch with everyone back home, as well as just documenting this adventure for myself. 

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth, I'm really proud of you for posting every day, and very happy to know what you're doing all the time. What a great summer you're having! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete