Friday, May 23, 2014

First Two Weeks


Two weeks ago today I left San Antonio to begin my adventure in Grand Teton National Park. It doesn’t seem like a long time, but I honestly can’t remember the last time I was away from my friends and family in SA for two weeks. There are some things I miss, but being in this amazing place with these great people is so worth it. Since most of the employees here have similar interests, and this company does a lot to bring all the employees together, it’s been really easy to make friends here in the park. It’s cool getting to know people from other areas as well; I’ve met employees from all over the US, as well as England, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Russia… I could go on. No offense to the summers that I worked zoo camp- I loved those times- but I have to say that this is quickly becoming the best summer of my life.
            Last night, after hanging out on our back porch some more, Cristina, Nate and I went back to the Whistle Pig. Elliot, who’s another one of our neighbors, joined us when he got off work. He works in the Mural Room, the fine dining room in the lodge, and we’ve gotten to know him from just seeing him around. We all hung out there together until it closed at midnight.
            Thankfully I don’t have to go into work until three again today, so I let myself sleep late. I’m still pretty sore from that nine-mile hike yesterday, so it’s nice to have the morning off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment