Tuesday, June 24, 2014

All Night Long


            Well, last night was quite a party! I went into work at three, along with James and Haley. I’d actually never worked a shift with Haley before, which was pretty crazy. We weren’t even officially scheduled to work together yesterday; Haley switched shifts with Maggie so she could go play in the softball game. We only had about 130 check-ins expected when we came in to work, and we got that number down to less than 100 in only like an hour. I was really hoping that I could get off early to go hang out with Cristina, Tanner, Jesse and Nate at the Whistle Pig. There was a little trivia event going on in there starting at nine that they were going to enter as a team, and I was hoping I could be there for at least the end of it.
            When I went on my dinner break, I met the four of them in the EDR and we ate together. Tanner’s team had a softball game starting at 6:30 that they were all going to go to. Later on, one of the players came through the lobby saying that they’d won.
            By a little after nine there were only about twelve check-ins left, and the supervisors said I could go. Shortly before that, Elena, one of the managers, had ordered chocolate milkshakes for all of us from the Pioneer Grill, and I took mine with me when I headed over to the Whistle Pig. Thankfully I was able to join the team for the rest of the trivia game, which was pretty fun. When the game ended, we just hung out there, playing pool and playing music on the jukebox, until almost midnight. When we started heading out, Cristina, Jesse and Tanner went back to dorm two, but I stuck around near the Whistle Pig with Nate and some other people we knew. Elliot soon showed up too, and we all went into one of the rooms in dorm six, Nate’s dorm, to hang out some more. As some more people showed up in there, we decided to move to the “Little Pig”, which is a building right next to the Whistle Pig that people can also hang out in. It has a pool table, ping-pong table, and some places to sit, and unlike the Whistle Pig, it’s open for employees to hang out in any time.
            I walked over to the Little Pig with Nate, Elliot, and some other people- there were about ten of us total in there. Nate and I played a few more games of pool, as did some other people. Someone had also brought a laptop and was playing music from it. We were in there until a little after two in the morning, when I finally came home and went to bed. It was a pretty crazy, but also really fun, night.
            Since I was out so late last night I slept until almost lunchtime today. I go back into work at three- I think I’m only working with James for this shift. Today is my Friday, so I’m sure I’ll go to the Whistle Pig again after work to kick off my weekend. I doubt I’ll be out as late as I was last night, but we’ll see. There’s a chance of rain the next two days, but if the weather stays clear I’m sure I’ll go hiking at least one of the days that I’m off. I may also go into town again to hang out with friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment