Sunday, June 1, 2014

Grills, Guys, and Good Vibrations


Nate, Cristina, and Brian relaxing on the back porch
Cristina, Jesse, Nate and me

Jesse and I starting to grill

Cristina looking very disapprovingly at Nate :)
            Last night was one of the best I’ve had since getting here. For a while it looked like a storm was coming and it drizzled for just a little bit, but thankfully it passed us. Jesse got the grill going on our back patio at about six, first grilling the mushrooms, then the sausages. Most of the evening was Jesse, Nate, Cristina and me hanging out back there. When it got later Brian, one of the bellmen of the lodge, came over to join us for a while. We sat out there for hours playing music, grilling, and enjoying the beautiful night with the great people we were around. I got my camera out for a while and took some pictures to document the awesome occasion. Near the end of the night we all agreed that we should make this a fairly regular event. I’m already looking forward to the next one.
            Cristina and I both slept late this morning since we don’t have to be at work until three. Today will be the second time that Nate, Cristina and I will be working together. I don’t expect it to be very busy, so we should be able to just talk amongst ourselves some, especially later in the shift. Since it’s Sunday, I think there will probably be more people checking out than checking in, so the morning desk people might’ve been fairly busy. As long as housekeeping is able to get the rooms clean in time, our shift this evening shouldn’t have any problems.
            Cristina and Nate have both been talking about wanting to go into Jackson soon and find a place that has karaoke. After looking it up last night, Cristina found a place there that has it on Wednesday nights, and said that we should go. Nate and I are both off on Wednesday, and Cristina will be done with work by three, so we’re planning on going together that evening. We’ll also be able to stay out later since they don’t have to be at work until three on Thursday, and I have that day off as well. This morning Cristina told me that she invited Elliot, and he’s going to come too. She said it would be a “double date”- not sure how accurate that is, but it’ll be fun no matter we call it. Before I came here, a lot of people in SA predicted that I was going to meet a boy and fall in love here in the park. I’m not saying that has happened (it’s only been like two weeks!), but I certainly have met quite a few nice guys since getting here. It sort of sounds like a movie or book, rather than real life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment