Sunday, June 8, 2014

Out To The Ball Game


            This’ll probably be a short post since I don’t have a whole lot of time to write. I worked that morning shift again today; just got off a little while ago. It had its busy parts, but overall wasn’t a hard day. I’m glad that I got the earlier shift today since this evening there’s an employee softball game that Cristina and I are going to go see. Tanner is the team captain, so we said that we’d go to cheer him on. We’re going to head to dinner with Jesse soon, then go to the game after that.
            I met Cristina, Elliot, Nate and Tanner at the EDR for my lunch break. Unfortunately Nate and Elliot are working this evening, so they can’t come with us to the game. Cristina and I both promised Tanner that we’d be there though. It should be a fun evening.
            Tomorrow Cristina, Nate and I are all working the morning shift, then hanging out with Cristina’s brother the rest of the day. That should definitely be fun; I haven’t gotten to work with both Nate and Cristina all that often, and the shift is always more fun when they’re around.
            As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, there’s a wedding being held here at the lodge today. I briefly saw the wedding cake and the bride today; I think this would be an amazing place to get married. The ceremony happened out on the back viewing porch, with the spectacular backdrop of Jackson Lake and the Teton mountain range.
            Last night I learned that in the three weeks I’ve been here, I’ve lost over fifteen pounds. I’d been noticing that my jeans were feeling a little looser, but I definitely wasn’t expecting that. I guess I’ve been doing a good amount of hiking, and I’m on my feet constantly behind the desk, but I was still really surprised. 

No comments:

Post a Comment