Monday, June 16, 2014

Time Of My Life


            Well, last night at work had its crazy moments, but overall it wasn’t bad. Someone new was being trained to work PBX, the hotel phone operator position. That station is right next to the front desk, and we work with them a lot. I’ve taken over PBX for a while on multiple occasions while the main operator has gone for on a meal break. It’s not very hard to do. We’re pretty short staffed there, so someone from another department was there yesterday being trained by Kay, one of the PBX operators. They both left at eight, though, so Nate and I switched around the job of PBX and the front desk until eleven when the shift was over. Christopher and Jen were the supervisors, but Jen was gone for most of the shift, so it got a little crazy after eight with just me, Nate and Christopher there. We survived, though.
            A new front desk agent just arrived, since Louise will be leaving very soon. His name is David and he’s also from Texas. I just got back from having lunch in the EDR, and talking with him. He heard about this job because he’s friends with John, who works in security here. David starts training for the job on Wednesday.
            Thursday is Cristina’s birthday, so we’re going to try to do another grill night/little party for her that evening. Tanner and I are both off on Thursday, and Cristina’s done by three. Nate was originally working the three to eleven shift Thursday, but he was able to switch with Haley to get the morning shift so he can hang out too, which I’m pretty happy about. Jesse says Thursday will be a pretty busy day in his department, but he’s going to try to get off early as well. I hope he can; it’s not too often that all of us can hang out together, and this works out perfectly since it’s Cristina’s birthday. Yesterday afternoon her brother and his fiancé came down from Yellowstone to hang out with Cristina and go into Jackson for the evening. While they were here they met Tanner, Jesse, Nate and me. Nate and I weren’t able to hang out with them for very long since we had to go into work at three, but it was still nice to meet them. They said they’re going to try to come back down Thursday evening for her party.
            I work the three to eleven shift today with Maggie and James, then the same shift again tomorrow with Cristina and James. Tomorrow is supposed to be a really crazy day; we’re expecting a lot of check-ins that day. I’m sure it’ll be a really busy shift, but at least I’ll have the next two days off after that. I haven’t made any plans for my weekend yet. I know that Nate and Tanner both have Wednesday off as well, so maybe we’ll do something, depending on the weather. Right now it’s about fifty degrees, cloudy, and has been raining on and off. Rain or shine, though, it’s beautiful outside. I’ve determined it’s pretty much impossible to find an ugly spot in this park. One of the many things I love about it here is there’s no litter on the ground. The people that come here respect the natural beauty of this place and want to preserve it. The overall feel of this park is so different than anywhere else I’ve ever been. Everything from seeing foxes run right by my back door to watching the sun set behind the mountains in the evenings to sitting out on my back porch at night admiring the sky full of stars makes this place feel so special and amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment