Friday, June 6, 2014

Soaking Up The Sun


I just got back to my dorm from having lunch at the EDR with Jesse. Cristina got on her lunch break just as we walked in, so she ate with us. She said that it had been pretty busy with check-outs this morning so far, but they were only expecting a little over 100 check-ins for this afternoon. Nate and I both go into work at three today, and I don’t think it’ll be a very hard day. There will probably be busy parts to it, but I don’t mind it being busy if there aren’t any problems, which there haven’t really been lately. Tomorrow and Sunday I work the morning shift, from seven until three, which is almost always easier than the afternoon shift. It looks like they’ve got the schedule pretty consistently set as far as our days off. I was just off Wednesday and Thursday, which will be my days off again this coming week. The schedule beyond that hasn’t been posted. Overall having Wednesday and Thursday off is fine with me- Nate also has Wednesday off (this week at least), so he and I will be able to do things that day. So far I haven’t shared any days off with Cristina, but the supervisors said that we are allowed to switch shifts with other desk agents if we get it approved by one of them, so we might be able to do that if we want a mutual day off sometime.
            Yesterday afternoon was pretty warm and sunny, so I decided to go to the swimming pool. There were a few other people sitting in the chairs around it, but I was the only one actually in the water for the majority of my time there. I swam around in it for about an hour- it felt great to be back in the water- then sat out in the sun for a while. After coming back to my dorm and changing, I went for a long walk around the area before showering and getting ready to meet Cristina and Nate for dinner. They both said that it had been pretty busy so far that day, but thankfully hadn’t had many problems.
            Jesse also met us for dinner, and not long after coming back I met him again on our back porch to listen to music, talk, and enjoy the beautiful evening. I still can hardly believe that it’s June and, by the time the sun went down, I was wearing jeans and a jacket, and had the heater turned on in our dorm room. There’s no humidity here to hold the warmth in the air, so the sun is the only thing that warms the area. Once it goes down, so does the temperature. Thankfully the heater in our dorm works really well to heat the small room- without it we’d be really cold in here at night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment