Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Gonna Be A Good Night


            My shift yesterday was just me and James, with Christopher and Emily as the managers. Again, we had less than 100 check-ins expected at the beginning of the shift, and most of them came pretty early. By about 9:30 we only had like ten check-ins left, and they said that one of us could leave. James is using this job as a kind of internship and needs to get a lot of hours with it, so he wanted to stay. Cristina, Nate and Brian had gone out for a hike that afternoon, and I still hadn’t heard from any of them. When I walked into my dorm I saw Elliot, who was also just getting off work. He said that he was going to get changed out of his uniform, then go to the Whistle Pig, so I said I’d go too. I stayed in there with him and the other people I knew until closing. Cristina got back into the dorm just a little while after I did. She works from seven until three today.
            At work yesterday I invited Christopher to join us for karaoke in Jackson tonight, and he said he might come. So now it’s me, Nate, Cristina, Elliot, Tanner and maybe Christopher. Everyone’s really excited about it; they’ve been talking about which songs they’re going to do. I’ve said that I’m not going to actually get up and do it, but they’re all sure they can find a way to change that. Guess we’ll find out this evening.
            Last night I heard that Louise, one of the front desk agents, quit. She’s originally from England and is here with her husband, who’s working in another department. The way I heard it she likes her job, but he doesn’t like his, so he’s quitting and leaving and she’s following him. I know we were already planning on getting a new front desk agent soon, but until then at least some of us will probably be getting more hours to make up for Louise being gone.
            This afternoon Nate and I are hanging out- probably going for a hike- then meeting up with Cristina and Elliot when they both get off work. We haven’t really decided if we’re going to just eat dinner in the EDR as usual or go somewhere else before heading into Jackson for the night. I figured I should go ahead and make this blog post early since the rest of my day will be pretty busy. Tomorrow I’m planning on going into Yellowstone for the first time with some other employees that have the day off, including Tanner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment