Sunday, June 22, 2014

Grilling Yet Again!


            I’m currently sitting out on the back porch with Jesse, Cristina, and a few other friends. Jesse was off today and we had some food left over from Cristina’s birthday party, so he decided to have another grill night. It rained for a little while this afternoon, but stopped after not too long. Cristina and I both worked the seven to three shift today, and when we came back we took a nap, listening to the sound of the rain outside. It was a long but not too hard day at the desk today.
            Yesterday Tanner invited me and Cristina to go into town with him and some other friends of ours to enjoy the Saturday night. There were seven total people in our group; Cristina and I rode with Tanner while Colin, who works in conventions, drove the car with the other people. We left the dorms at about five, and had dinner at a Thai restaurant in Jackson. After dinner we walked around the fun little town of Jackson for a while, got some ice cream at one of the local shops by the center town square, and headed back into the park before it got too late. The road between Jackson and the lodge is absolutely gorgeous, but it can be a little scary at night, especially since elk often wander onto the road. It was a really fun way to spend a Saturday night.
            Today on my lunch break I met with Nate in the EDR. He’s working the later shift today unfortunately, so he can’t be here for most of the grill night. He said he’s going to try to stop by for a while after he gets off at eleven though. Cristina wants to make s’mores later tonight, which we still have lots of supplies for. She’s currently sitting on the picnic table getting some grilled cheese sandwiches ready to go on- one for me, one for Tanner, and one for her.
            Tomorrow I don’t have to go in until three, so I think I’ll sleep a little later. I’ll try to post a longer update tomorrow since I know this one is pretty short. 

No comments:

Post a Comment