Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Ready For Another Weekend


Well, a little over two hundred check-ins currently stand between me and my weekend. Cristina and I go into work at three, and it’ll definitely be a very busy day. There are over two hundred check-outs scheduled, and over two hundred check-ins. Housekeeping will be going crazy trying to clean all of those rooms between check-out time at eleven and check-in time at four. Yesterday’s shift wasn’t as busy as we were expecting. There were still a lot of check-ins, but it went pretty smoothly. I hope I’ll be able to say the same about today’s shift. There were like six tour groups arriving yesterday, which in a way made it easier since we were able to check some big groups of people in all together. I think there may be more tour groups coming in today, which is part of the reason we have so many check-ins expected. As far as if it’ll go smoothly, it really depends on if housekeeping can get the rooms clean in time.
            Thankfully, no matter how tonight’s shift goes, today is my Friday. I’m definitely looking forward to Thursday, since we’re all going to hang out for Cristina’s birthday. I’m so glad that Nate was able to switch shifts so he can hang out with us too. Our last grill night wasn’t quite as fun without him. I haven’t made any plans for tomorrow yet; it’ll depend on the weather. Yesterday it rained quite a bit while I was working and into the night. It hasn’t actually rained today, but it’s really cloudy and the temperature is in the forties. If it clears up tomorrow I’d like to go for a hike or something, but if not I’ll find something else to do around here. I’ve learned that I can pretty much always find something to do in this park, rain or shine. Maybe I’ll take my camera to the upper lobby of the lodge and get some pictures of the mountains through the huge windows up there. Cloudy days can actually make for really great photographs. There’s also a possibility I’ll go into Jackson for a while on either Wednesday or Thursday to pick up some things. Nate’s off Wednesday and Tanner’s off Thursday, so I’ll ask if one of them is going into town on one of those days and go along with them.
            There’s really not a whole lot of other news to report. I think I’ll probably go to the Whistle Pig after work tonight since I don’t have work tomorrow. Nate and Tanner will probably be there, as well as other people I know, and it’s a good place to go to relax after busy work shifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment