Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Heaven Isn't Too Far Away


            Well, it’s already been an awesome weekend, and it’s not even half over! Work last night was overall really easy. It was only James and me working, with Emily as the supervisor. We only had about 130 check-ins at the beginning of the shift, though, which isn’t bad. We had a few plumbing issues in the lodge building for a while, so maintenance was really busy taking care of that, but we handled it. The drama of the night was a woman that came down to the lobby and was practically yelling at Emily. She’d been attending an event that was going on in one of the upstairs conference rooms, and had lost her very expensive camera while she was there. She came into the lobby, absolutely livid, insisting that someone had stolen it, and she was going to write a letter to the CEO of the company, how disturbing this was for her, blah blah blah… Turns out not long after she left, the camera was found and returned to her. I hope she felt like an idiot, which is sure what she looked like. I would’ve liked to see her come back and apologize to Emily, though I knew that wouldn’t really happen.
            At eleven James and I both got off and went to the Whistle Pig. Elliot had come by the lobby not long before I got off and said he was going to go to there as well, so I went and met him. I left a little before it closed, hung out in my dorm room for a while, then went to bed.
            This morning I got up and walked out onto the back porch to enjoy the beautiful morning. Jesse and Cristina were both already out there; she goes in at three and he has the day off. Jesse had his little camping stove out and was making coffee for the three of us. I swear Cristina and I got so lucky having Jesse as our neighbor; he’s absolutely awesome. The three of us sat out on the back porch area drinking coffee, listening to music, and talking until it was time to go to lunch. We met Tanner, on his lunch break, in the EDR and ate with him. At lunch Cristina said that she wanted to go to the pool before she went into work, and Jesse and I said that we’d join her. We also said that we wanted to plan another karaoke night for next Wednesday. Cristina was originally scheduled to work the later shift next Wednesday, but after lunch we went and asked David, the new front desk agent, if he would switch with her so she could get off at three, and he said he would. So far we know that it’ll be me, Cristina, Jesse, Nate, Tanner, Maggie, and Sadie, a friend of ours that works in the Blue Heron lounge in the upstairs lobby. We’ve also invited some other people who we haven’t heard from yet; it should be another awesome night.
            I just got back from hanging out at the pool with Cristina and Jesse, and the water felt absolutely glorious. It’s about 75 degrees here today which, amazingly enough, is one of the warmest days we’ve had since I got here. It’s bright and sunny outside, unlike the dark cloudy days we’ve been having recently.
            Cristina’s going to go into work soon, and since Jesse and I both have the day off he suggested that we go into town, which I said would be great. I absolutely love the town of Jackson; it may be small and a bit limited in some ways, but that’s part of its charm. We’re going to try to find Nate as well and see if he wants to join us. I’m sure we’ll walk around the town for a while, then find a place to have dinner. Sounds like the plan for another fun evening.
            I don’t know yet what I’m going to do tomorrow, but I know that Tanner’s off as well, so I’ll ask him if he has anything in particular that he wants to do for his day off and I may tag along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment