Saturday, June 14, 2014

Grill Night!!


            I don’t have a lot of time to write, so this’ll probably be a fairly short post. Last night I learned that I’d gotten a second guest service shout out, which was nice to hear. Both have identified me as being the check in girl from Texas. I guess either people pay a lot of attention to the part of my nametag that says “Texas”, or I make it really obvious without realizing it.
            A cold front apparently blew in last night; it was about 45 degrees this morning, and even with the sun out hasn’t warmed up a whole lot throughout the day. The cold actually woke me up last night, and I immediately pulled an extra blanket on top of me. We’ve got the heater in our little dorm room running right now, and it’s pretty warm in here, but we’re all putting on jackets when we step outside. Wearing jeans and a jacket on June fourteenth feels so crazy, what with being used to San Antonio summers.
            I didn’t get home from work last night until about 11:30, and had to be back up early this morning to be at work by seven, so when I got off today at three I came home and took a little nap. Jesse and Cristina met me at the EDR at my lunch break and said that they were getting ready to go into town since they both had the day off and wanted to get some supplies for grilling tonight. They both just got back and are putting some stuff away. Cristina told me they got sausages, peppers and even peaches to grill, plus supplies to make s’mores for dessert. Unfortunately Nate’s working the later shift so he can’t make this one, but there will be other times. We’ve invited a few other people that we know to stop by if they want to, but right now we’re mainly just planning for it to be me, Cristina and Jesse. Tanner’s working the activities’ desk until nine, so he’ll probably come out and join us when he gets off. I’ll make sure to bring my camera out again and document the fun evening that it’ll inevitably be.
            I work the morning shift again tomorrow, then thankfully get to sleep on the next two days since I don’t have to be at work until three. Work today wasn’t very crazy since right now the lodge is only at about seventy percent capacity. A lot of people have checked out the past couple of days. I noticed that the percent capacity goes up quite a bit tomorrow and stays that way for a few days, so the next few days at work will be really busy for sure. I’m not worried about it though. I got kind of lucky working the morning shift tomorrow again since tomorrow we’re expecting more check-ins than check-outs, and it’s the later shift that mainly deals with the check-ins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment