Thursday, June 19, 2014

Having A Party!


Well, the weather’s much clearer today than yesterday, so grill night is definitely still on! I just got back from just going into town with Tanner to get some supplies for it. We got steaks, potatoes, peppers, and corn on the cob to grill, as well as chips and cookies; it’s definitely going to be a party tonight! We ate lunch with Cristina and Nate and decided that it would be easier if just Tanner and I went instead of waiting for them to get off work. We also saw Jesse in the EDR at lunch; he says he’s not sure when he’ll get off work today, but he left his back door unlocked so we can get the grill out. Louise and her husband are also going to join us this evening since they’re about to leave. Ken, Brian, and some other people we know will probably come over for a while too. Ken actually went into town on his own today and picked up some other stuff for us to make; he just got back with his cooler. We’re going to have a real feast out here tonight!  
            This morning I woke up at about six to go to breakfast with Cristina and Nate before they went in to work. When we were in the EDR eating the lights flickered a little, and when I got back to the dorm the power was out. When I headed back to the lodge for lunch the lights in the dorm were still off. The lodge has a generator that it can run on, so it was still lit. I heard that the cottages didn’t have power though, and neither did Colter Bay, Signal Mountain or Flagg Ranch, which are other properties in the park. By the time I got back to the dorms after lunch, though, the power had come back on.
            I’ll get my camera out again this evening when we grill and take some pictures of us all hanging out on the back porch. It should be a great way to celebrate Cristina’s birthday. It’s also great that all of us were able to get time off work to all relax and hang out together this evening. Nate, Cristina and I all work the later shift tomorrow, too, so we don’t have to worry about getting up early for work. Nate’s birthday is next month, so I was telling Tanner on the ride back from Jackson that we should do something like this again for him, which I’m sure we’ll do.
            We’re going to start everything up really soon, so I’m going to finish this post now. I’ll let y’all know how tonight goes later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment