Sunday, August 10, 2014

Another Saturday Night


I honestly found it almost scary how easy last night's shift was. When Rebecca and I arrived the morning shift had already taken care of some of the check-ins, so there were about 110 left. To make things even easier, we had three groups coming in, two of which we could do the super simple batch check-ins for. Housekeeping was definitely on their game yesterday as well, so the large majority of the rooms were ready to be checked in by four. The lobby seemed to get pretty crowded around 4:30 since the wedding was getting ready to start, but once everyone moved upstairs, it got almost eerily quiet. To our amazement, we'd taken care of more than half of the check-ins before I went to dinner at 5:45. By the time I returned from dinner, all of the groups were in house, so our number of remaining check-ins was down to about 35. I hadn't seen it that low that early since the beginning of the season. The remainder of the shift was basically just me, Rebecca, and Jen talking, browsing the Internet on our computers, and taking turns going to sit and relax in the back office. We were at full capacity, but managed to avoid overselling. It was a slow but very easy night. Finally, eleven o’clock rolled around and we were good to head home.
I didn’t get up to go to breakfast this morning like I’d done yesterday. I considered going to eat with Cristina and Nate before they went in to work, but decided against it. I go in at three again today, working with Sofi, Felix, Maggie, and Emily. I’m not sure how many check-ins we have today, but we’re at full capacity again, as we’ve been for a few weeks. We’ll probably have more check-ins today that we have the past two days, but with the five of us there it should be pretty easy again.
It feels kind of weird, but also nice to know that I have tomorrow off. I’m pretty sure it’s the first Monday I’ll have off for the entire season. Tanner and Cristina both have tomorrow off as well. Tanner and I were talking about all doing something together; maybe a hike, or going into town to hang out. It should be a nice day off from work regardless of what we do.
Well, since yesterday’s post was longer than usual, I guess it’s appropriate to make today’s shorter than usual. Wish I had more news to report, but not much has happened since my last update. 

No comments:

Post a Comment