Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Someday Soon


            Well, thankfully I didn’t have to jump out of bed early this morning to catch the shuttle into town again. As I said in yesterday’s post, hanging around Jackson was actually pretty fun, but it was nice to be able to just sleep this morning. The rest of last night’s shift at the desk was very easy and slow, like the last few have been. Looking at the schedule of arrivals last night I saw that we have about 125 check-ins to take care of today, which will also be really easy. It’ll be me, Sofi, Maggie, and Emily working the desk for this shift. I think there’s probably a decent chance that I’ll get to leave work early this evening simply because I don’t think they’ll need all of us there the whole time, especially if we have any groups coming in. That always makes it easier. Also, since we haven’t been sold out in a while, housekeeping has been getting the rooms ready ahead of time every day, so we’re always able to get people into their rooms by four, or usually earlier.
            I’m definitely happy that today’s my Friday. Even though it’s only been a four day week, I’m ready for a couple of days off. The sun’s out today, so it’s a little warmer than it’s been the past few days- it’s in the low sixties right now. The next few days it’s supposed to get into the seventies, so maybe I’ll be able to go to the pool again. It’ll close up for the season right before I leave. If I don’t do that, I’ll at least have to go for a hike or something like that. I want to really enjoy my last few days to myself in this beautiful park.
            Rob’s been off the past few days, but he’s back today, which means today’s the day he’ll probably find out that I’m leaving early. I’ll try to find time to talk to him today to ask if I can have the earlier shift on the seventh, which is my last day. I’ll also have to turn in my uniform and bank that day, and finish packing up, not to mention I have to leave here at about five o’clock the next morning to get to the airport in time for my flight. Considering all of that, I’d really like to not have to be at the desk until eleven that night. If I tell him all of that, I think he’ll agree to give me the earlier shift that day.
            It’s really nice to think that, two weeks from today, I’ll be sleeping in my own bed back home in San Antonio. Just that in itself is something I’m looking forward to. The mattress I have here in my dorm room takes “firm” to the next level. I’ve woken up many, many morning with a sore hip, shoulder, or both because the mattress I’m sleeping on has almost no give to it. I’m definitely ready to be back in my own, soft bed back home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment