Saturday, August 23, 2014

Bitter End


            Well, the temperature’s still in the forties here today. It’s not raining anymore, but it is still really cloudy so I doubt it’ll warm up much. I just got back to my room from having lunch in the EDR with Nate. He also goes into work at three today, along with Rebecca and Jen. He was working last night as well, and when I asked how it was he said it’d been really slow pretty much the whole night. We saw Haley in the EDR, who’s working the morning shift today, and she said it’s been really slow so far today as well. Our busy season is definitely ending. Tonight should be very easy; I don’t know how many check-ins we have to do, but probably not very many. Nate said that when he came in yesterday, there were less than a hundred check-ins to do. It hasn’t been that low since the beginning of the season.
            This will be a four-day week for me since Rob gave me my normal Wednesday-Thursday weekend back. I just looked at the schedule, and all of my shifts this week are the later ones, which is fine with me, especially since I doubt we’ll be sold out any of those days. Today is actually Haley’s last day here at work. She was using this job as an internship, and she needs to head home to get ready for school to start back up. I know several other people who have also already left, for school or other reasons. It’s sad to see them go, but it’s just another sign that the season is coming to a close. I think that the summer weather here is completely over now, which is part of the reason that our occupancy levels are going down. Not as many people want to come out here in this weather. I don’t mind it, but that’s mainly because I was also here in the middle of summer, when it was almost constantly in the low seventies. I learned recently that the swimming pool here at Jackson Lake Lodge was the first swimming pool in all of Wyoming, and I think my time using it is over. It’s not officially closed just yet, but I don’t think anyone’s going to want to go swimming in cloudy, forty-five degree weather. It’s supposed to clear up a bit tomorrow, but even so, the high is only predicted to be about sixty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment