Sunday, August 3, 2014

Taking It Easy


            So last night was another easy night at the desk. I was working with Rebecca, Maggie, and Jen. Emily was there too, but she was MOD (manager on duty) for the lodge, so she wasn’t around all the time. There was a beautiful wedding going on in the lodge yesterday evening, which was part of the reason we were totally full again. Things still went very smoothly though, thankfully. It was kind of tough having to turn people away that came in without a reservation asking if we had rooms available. Not only were we full, but all other lodging in the park was also full. If we’re all full, it’s almost a guarantee that Yellowstone is totally full as well. We also got a call from the Lexington down in Jackson, which is one of the largest lodging spots in town, saying that they were totally full. Basically, anyone without a reservation somewhere had quite a drive to go to find a place to stay. The last few hours of the shift seemed to drag, as they often do with the later shift, so we just browsed the Internet on our computers and talked. By eleven, there were only about five check-ins left to go, and Rebecca and I went home.
            I’ve been feeling a bit sick the past couple of days. It’s nothing too bad- runny/stuffy nose, occasional headache, and overall kind of achiness. I’m pretty sure I had a fever last night, though; I was really burning up in bed. I decided to try to get as much sleep as possible, so I didn’t get up early for breakfast this morning. I woke up feeling overall better. My nose is still kind of stuffy, but I don’t think I have a fever anymore. I’m actually glad that David asked me to switch shifts with him today, so I got to sleep in a bit instead of going in to work at seven, like Cristina did.
            I just got back to my dorm from having lunch with Jesse, Nate, David, and John, who works in security and is David’s roommate. He’s also one of the best pool players in the Whistle Pig, and that is saying something! John said that he and a few other people went camping last night, which was fun. His day off is today, and he said he’d probably go on a hike this afternoon.
            I’ve heard that another karaoke night in town is being planned for Wednesday. It seems like a while since we had our last one. Sounds like a really fun night is on its way. I love that I usually have Wednesdays off, since Wednesday is the only night that the Virginian does karaoke, and it’s the only place in Jackson that has it. The last time I went into town was with Tanner and Cristina a few weeks ago to get a few things for Jesse’s birthday, so it seems like it’s been a while. I absolutely love going into that town; it’s a really fun little place.
            I go into work at three again today. I’ll be working with Haley and Nate, with Jen as the supervisor again. I’m sure we’re at full capacity again, or at least very close to it, but hopefully this shift will go as smooth as last night’s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment