Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pocketful Of Sunshine


            Today was a very nice and relaxing beginning to my next to last weekend here in Grand Teton National Park. It’s been pretty cold and rainy the past few days here, but thankfully the weather today cooperated enough to let me spend some time in the pool this afternoon. It was nice and sunny, with the temperature in the low seventies. It’s predicted to be the same tomorrow as well, so hopefully I can go back to the pool. The water felt absolutely great, as it always does.
            Yesterday I got off work a little early, as I kind of expected to. It was another slow evening at the desk with me, Sofi, Maggie, and Emily. We’d had a couple of groups come in, and so by about nine there were less than twenty check-ins left, which is when I went home. I also got a tip at work yesterday from a couple that was here for their anniversary that I upgraded from a classic cottage to a mountain view room. Since we’re not sold out anymore, we’re able to do that kind of thing a little more, which is nice. Front desk agents almost never get tipped, so it was nice to get one.
            Rob was back at work yesterday, so he heard that I’d put in my two weeks notice. I asked him if I could be scheduled to have the earlier shift on the seventh, which will be my last day. Seeing as how I’ll also have to turn in my bank and uniform that day, and I have to leave the lodge at five o’clock in the morning the next day in order to get to the airport on time. He said to remind him again later in the week, and he’ll make sure I get the earlier shift.
            Today Jesse and I both headed over to the EDR for lunch at the same time. He didn’t go into work until this evening. When I told him that I was planning on getting a taxi to the airport on the eighth, he offered to drive me instead. I told him that I’d have to leave really early, but he said that as long as he wasn’t working really late the night before, he wouldn’t mind getting up early to drive me. I was pretty surprised that he actually offered to do that, but thought it was awesome. Hopefully Steve, his boss, doesn’t make him work the previous night.
            Well, I don’t really have any other news from today. I think I’ll head over to the Whistle Pig tonight. I really love that place, and don’t really have many more opportunities to go hang out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment