Friday, August 22, 2014

Colder Weather


            This will be a short post since there’s not a whole lot to say, and yesterday’s post was one of the longest ones that I’ve done. The temperature’s been in the forties here all day, and it’s been raining on and off, so I’ve had kind of a lazy day. Thankfully I did quite a bit with my day off yesterday, so I can kind of justify not doing too much today, especially considering the weather. I think that “summer” here is pretty much over. It’s expected to stay in the forties and fifties until at least Tuesday. It might warm up a bit after that, but probably not much. This weather feels especially weird knowing that the temperature is still in the triple digits back home. I woke up last night feeling pretty cold, so I pulled an extra blanket up over me. Cristina and I will probably go back to turning the heater in our room on at night soon, like we did at the beginning of the season. The weather here seems to be the total opposite of home, what with having such a short summer and long winter. And even what they call summer here would feel more like spring or fall back in San Antonio. I’ve actually heard that you could pick any day on the calendar, and sometime in the past 100 years there’s been snow in this park on that day. I definitely remember the crazy feeling of looking out the window on the morning of June eighteenth and seeing it actively snowing. Cristina and I both thought it was insane.
            I go back into work tomorrow at three. It’s felt really weird, but nice, having so much time off this week. What with schools starting back up and summer weather ending, our busiest part of the season is coming to a close. Most employees are getting more time off than the past months, and the overall stress of being constantly sold out is starting to fade away. I’m honestly not sad that this season is coming to a close. There are things about this place that I’ll miss, for sure. But there are also so many things about home that I’m missing and looking forward to returning to. It’s been amazing to get a change in scenery this summer, but I’m glad that this adventure was temporary. It’d be really hard for me to move away from Texas permanently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment