Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Life At The Desk


            Well, the last two shifts at work have been easy, though kind of slow. Yesterday I was working with David and Rebecca. Emily was the supervisor for the first portion of the shift, then Rob came in at around dinner time and stayed for the rest of it, while Emily went home. Thankfully we didn’t have any guest issues and by about 9:30 we only had seven more check-ins left, so the rest of the shift was very easy. Basically it was just all of us hanging out on our computers and joking with each other.
            Since it’d been so slow, we were all able to get off work at pretty much eleven o’clock exactly and head home. I got back to our room and immediately went to bed, since I had to be back at work at seven this morning. I’ve had only later shifts this week, so hearing my alarm go off at 5:45 this morning wasn’t particularly pleasant. I knew, though, that in terms of the actual amount of work we have to do, the morning shift is always easier, so it wouldn’t be a bad day.
            Cristina and Rebecca were both also working this morning, as was Rob. It was a really easy shift; check-outs are just so much simpler to do in our system that even if we have a lot of them, mornings are always so much easier. The only thing people don’t really like about the morning shift is the fact that we almost always take in cash on that shift, and pretty much never do that on the later shift. Doing cash drops at the end of the shift is just such a long, complicated process, and we have to go through the whole thing no matter how little cash we took in; I once had to do one because a guest gave me 83 cents.
            After the shift ended Cristina and I came back to our room and relaxed until nearly six, when we went to dinner with Tanner and Jesse. I normally would have tomorrow off, but since I switched with Rebecca I go to work at three. I’ll be working with Nate, David and Jen, then I have Friday off. When I checked today I saw that we have about 180 check-ins tomorrow, but it shouldn’t be a bad shift. I really like working with all of them; maybe I’ll quiz Nate and David on some more animal facts when it gets slow, like I did last time we were working together. Right now I don’t have any plans for Friday, but I’m sure I’ll get out and find something to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment