Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Fun, Friends, And Job Fairs


            So, since I did something different with yesterday’s post, I guess I’ll use this one to share what little news I have of the past two days. Yesterday was another really nice day off, and was actually spent in a very similar way as the previous one. The only commitment I had was to attend the company safety meeting, which started at one. Rob said it was up to me if I wanted to go or not, but I figured since it was such an easy thing to do, I’d go ahead and attend.
            After having lunch in the EDR with Cristina, Tanner and David, I headed to the front desk to grab my notebook and went up to one of the lodge’s conference rooms, where the meeting was being held. It was lead by Carla from HR, and had representatives from most departments, here as well as the other properties, attending. The meeting lasted a little over an hour and, as I presumed, was an incredibly simple time at “work”.
            After heading out of the lodge at about 2:15, I changed into my swimsuit, put on some sunblock, and walked back over to the pool. I spent over an hour enjoying the beautiful, warm water, and sitting out in the clean air, taking in the sun. Like the day before, it was a very relaxing way to spend the afternoon.
            When I returned to my dorm after the pool, Cristina and I relaxed in the room until dinnertime, when we walked over to the EDR with Jesse to eat.
            I woke up this morning early enough to go to breakfast, meeting Nate and David in the EDR before they went in to work the morning shift today. After walking back to the room after breakfast, I read and relaxed some in our room and on the back porch until about 11:30, when Cristina, Jesse and I all headed to lunch together. We saw David, Tanner and Maggie sitting in the EDR when we arrived, and we joined them to eat. There’s a winter job fair going on in one of the conference rooms in the lodge today. I might go this afternoon before work, but I don’t think there will be much point to it, since I already know I’m coming home when the season’s over. A lot of my coworkers are talking a lot about where they’re going and what jobs they’ll have during the winter season. I think that, more than anything, the change in conversation is what makes it feel like this season is near its end. I know, we still have over a month left, but the end really does seem to be coming fast, which I have mixed feelings about. I know that, when I leave, I’ll miss this place and these people. At the same time, though, I won’t be sad to go back home to San Antonio.
            I go into work at three today, working with Rebecca, Maggie and Rob. We have about 150 check-ins to do, and we’re currently at ninety percent capacity; I’m sure that will go up before the end of the day, though, due to walk-ins. Tomorrow I work the morning shift with Cristina, Rebecca and Emily, so I hope I’ll be able to leave right at eleven today, or as close to it as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment