Thursday, August 7, 2014

These Are The Days That Bind Us


            So yesterday afternoon when Cristina got off work she came home and took a nap. I texted Tanner not long after to see if he knew what the plan was for the night. I wasn’t sure if we were planning to just eat dinner in the EDR or leave earlier and eat in town. I was kind of hoping we’d just eat in the EDR before leaving. I knew that a restaurant in Jackson would be better, but, being a tourist town, pretty much everywhere in Jackson is overpriced. He texted me back to say that he was actually in the EDR on his dinner break, and there’d been a slight change of plans. Since we hadn’t gotten too many people to come to this trip into town, the plan was now to go to the movies instead, which was fine with me.
            After having dinner in the EDR, Cristina, Tanner and I left the lodge at a little after seven and headed into town for the movies. We were seeing Guardians of the Galaxy, which didn’t start until 9:30, so first we went to Albertson’s to pick up a few things for the dorms. After that, we drove back over to the theater to get our tickets and see the movie. It felt like a long time since I’d been in a movie theater; I actually can’t remember the last movie I went to see in a theater before last night. It turned out to be a fun night watching the movie with Cristina and Tanner.
            It was a little after 12:30 by the time we got back to the lodge. I decided to send Elena an email letting her know that I wouldn’t be at the volunteer project in the morning. They probably wouldn’t be able to get much done anyway due to the weather. I didn’t set an alarm and let myself sleep late and have a pretty lazy morning. This weather actually makes it perfect for doing just that. I just got back from having lunch in the EDR. I heard quite a bit of talk about the rendezvous party this evening while I was there. It’s supposed to include a nice dinner and some fun activities. I know a lot of people that are going; it should be another nice night. The flyers I’ve seen around for it says it runs from five until midnight. I don’t have to be at work until three tomorrow afternoon, so I’ll be able to stay out late. I’ve heard from returning employees that this company also has a semi-formal, end of season party. They do it right after the lodge closes in October, so all of the employees can come. I’m sure that’ll also be nice; I love that this company does things like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment