Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Summer In The City



I took these last night after work. Storm clouds over the mountains make for awesome pictures! 

            Last night was another easy night at the desk. We had a few more groups come in, most of which we were able to do batch check-ins for. Working with David, Rebecca, and Emily, we were down to only about ten more check-ins by nine o’clock, which is much less than we normally have. The main drama actually happened while I was on my dinner break. I came back to hear David tell me that he’d recently gotten yelled at by a guest that was upset that there wasn’t air conditioning in his room. For the record, there’s no air conditioning or televisions, not only in the rooms here in our lodge, but in the entire park. It’s kind of annoying when we hear people complain about that; if you want a vacation that consists of sitting in an air conditioned room watching TV, just stay home.
We were at full capacity again, but all of the rooms were taken care of by housekeeping fairly early, so at nine Emily said I could go home. After going to my room to change, I decided to go to the Whistle Pig to hang out for a while, which was really nice.
            I woke up this morning to the sound of rain right outside. It’s been raining on and off pretty much all day, which is fine with me. The rainclouds over the mountains can make for some really beautiful pictures. I was kind of planning on hanging out mainly inside today anyway, so the rain isn’t disrupting any plans.
            Cristina and Tanner were both working the morning shifts today; Cristina’s probably getting off right about now. Tanner will get off in about an hour. Nate also has today off; I haven’t seen him yet today. The plan is to go into Jackson for karaoke again tonight. I’m not sure exactly when we’ll head over. We might have dinner here at the EDR first, or we might eat in town before heading over to the Virginian. Either way, it should be a nice night.
            Tomorrow the plan is still to do some trail cleaning up with other employees that have signed up to volunteer for it. I saw Elena in the EDR at lunch today, and she said that it should go rain or shine, we just might cut it short if it rains. I know that David is signed up to volunteer for it as well. Then tomorrow evening is the employee rendezvous party in the lodge, which should also be nice. Nate has to work tomorrow evening, but I’m sure that Cristina and Tanner will both come, and hopefully Jesse will too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment