Saturday, August 16, 2014

Don't Want To Miss A Thing


            I got up this morning early enough to go to breakfast with Cristina before she went in to work. It’s weird how empty the EDR seems at breakfast as opposed to other meals. They only serve breakfast until 8:30, so a lot of people that aren’t working early just sleep through it. Most employees have said that they’d prefer to be charged for every time they swipe their employee ID in the EDR, instead of automatically charged for three meals a day, but whatever. After breakfast I walked back through the lodge and to my room, where I slept a little longer, then sat out on the back porch and enjoyed the cool morning air until lunchtime.
            I just got back to my room after having lunch in the EDR with Jesse and Nate. Nate goes into work with me at three again today, as does David. Jesse has the day off. His department’s schedule is really weird. Sometimes he has three or four days off in a row, or even more. On the other hand, there are times where he’ll work seven days in a row, or more. It just depends on what conferences, weddings, or other events are going on in the lodge at the time.
            After today I’ll have Sunday and Monday off. August’s safety meeting is Monday at one, and I told Rob that I’d still go, even though I’m supposed to be off that day. It’s not a big deal; I’m basically getting paid to sit around, eat snacks, and listen to other people talk. Doesn’t sound like a bad deal to me. I’ll probably also go to the pool at least one of those days, maybe both. The pool closes in early September, so I want to use it as much as possible before that. I haven’t planned anything else to do on those days, but I’ll think of something. Hopefully I can go on another morning hike or something like that. I’m then off again on Wednesday and Thursday. I have another activity planned out for Thursday, but nothing yet for Wednesday. Maybe I’ll find a way to get up to Colter Bay and go kayaking again, or plan something else around Jackson Lake or the Snake River. I love being out on the water in this place. All of the lakes, rivers and streams are so beautiful and peaceful, and they’re some of the best spots to view wildlife, from moose to bears to bald eagles.
            We’re probably sold out again tonight, but Jen, David, Nate and I should be able to handle it. They’re some of my favorite people to work with too, so it should be a pretty easy shift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment