Sunday, August 31, 2014

No Vacancy Once Again


            Well, surprisingly, Jackson Lake Lodge was sold out last night. I guess I didn’t even think about the fact that it was Labor Day weekend until I got to work at three yesterday and saw that we were at full capacity. That definitely also had to do with the fact that we had 238 check-outs expected today. I’m sure Cristina and Nate have been very busy at the desk this morning taking care of those.
            Despite the fact that we were sold out last night, it was actually a pretty easy shift. The majority of the check-ins were taken care of pretty early, and by 8:30 we were down to less than twenty remaining. Jen, Sofi, Felix and I just browsed the Internet and talked to each other for most of the time after that. Those are actually all the same people that I’m working with tonight.
            I just got back from having lunch at the EDR with Nate, Maggie, and Alyson. Maggie’s also working this morning, and she told me to prepare for a slow night. When I looked at the schedule last night we only had 108 check-ins to take care of tonight, and Maggie told me that the morning shift has already done a few of those and inevitably will do some more before I go into work at three. I’m sure that at least one of the desk agents will go home early tonight.
            Rob was making the schedule when we arrived at work yesterday. Thankfully, on my last morning shift, a week from today, I have the morning shift like I asked. Soon I’m going to get a couple of boxes from the bellmen and ship some of my stuff back home. After being here for almost four months, it’s crazy to think that a week from tomorrow, I’ll be home. It’s been an amazing few months, but I’m ready to be back in San Antonio.
            The weather here today is cold and kind of rainy. When I woke up this morning I could hear the rain coming down outside my window. By the time I stepped out to go to lunch it had mostly stopped, but was still really cloudy and pretty cold. It’s about 46 degrees outside right now, and almost one o’clock in the afternoon. This place has probably the strangest weather of anywhere I’ve ever been. 

No comments:

Post a Comment