Monday, August 11, 2014

Tour Groups, Town, And Time With Friends


            Last night at the desk was very simple and easy. We had more check-ins than the past few days, but since a few were groups and we have five people at the desk, it was still a really easy night. When I got off I came home to find Cristina, Jesse, and Tanner getting ready to play a game of Munchkin, so I joined them. We hung out in Jesse and Tanner’s room until pretty late at night playing, laughing, and hanging out.
Today has been a really nice, relaxing day off. This morning I got up early enough to go to breakfast with Nate before he went into work at seven. After eating, I walked through the lodge and up to the upper lobby to just admire the first rays of sun touch the mountains and stretch across the willow flats. I sat up there and enjoyed it for a while before returning to my dorm room.
I didn’t see much of Cristina, Tanner or Jesse this morning. I know Jesse had to work for a few hours setting something up, but Cristina and Tanner just decided to sleep in. I headed over to the EDR for lunch at about 11:30 and ate with Melissa, who works in HR, and Adam from the activities desk. We talked about crazy guests and the different tour groups that regularly come to the lodge. Pretty much everyone that works here knows that some of the groups that come in are really nice, while some definitely are not (Backroads groups are awesome to have here, Tauck Tours are awful).
Shortly after getting back to our room after lunch, Cristina and Tanner came in and said that they were going to the pool, so I said I’d join them. Jesse was off work by then, so we invited him to come too. He said that he had a few things he needed to do around here, though, and that he was planning on going into town later in the afternoon. I knew that I had a couple of medicines and other stuff I needed to pick up in town, so I said that I’d go with him. I then went and spent about an hour in and around the pool with Cristina and Tanner. The cool water felt amazing on this warm, sunny day.
I left the pool area before Cristina and Tanner did to get ready to go to Jackson. After changing and hanging out in my room for a while, Jesse knocked on the back door and said he was ready when I was. A moment later we jumped in Tanner’s car and pulled away from the dorms. We stopped by the pool before leaving to ask Cristina and Tanner if either of them wanted us to pick up something for them in town, then we hit the road.
It’s about a 45 minute drive from the lodge to Jackson, and with the windows rolled down, music playing, and the beautiful scenery around us, it can be a really nice 45 minutes. We spent a couple of hours driving and walking around town, picking up a few things for our rooms. It was a really nice afternoon; it seemed like I hadn’t gotten to spend as much time actually hanging out with Jesse lately, so going around town with him was great.
After picking up everything we needed we headed back, and returned to the lodge just in time for dinner. We went straight up to the EDR, where we sat with Nate, who was already in there.
I go back into work at three tomorrow. I didn’t really want to split my days off, but Rebecca seemed really desperate to have Thursday off. Apparently there’s a concert in Salt Lake City that day that she really wanted to go to, so I agreed to switch days off with her. My next day off is Friday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment