Sunday, July 6, 2014

Easy From Now On


            So Cristina, James and I worked the morning shift again today. We had a massive 230 check-outs expected when the day started. All of Jackson Lake Lodge has 385 rooms, so 230 check-outs is definitely a big job. We were working with Emily this morning; Christopher and Jen are the supervisors for the later shift today. Today’s Christopher’s last shift before switching to his new job in Jackson. I’ll miss him; he’s a really fun supervisor to work with. We’re still not sure who will replace him.
            Despite having so many departures to take care of, the shift went pretty smoothly. Maggie came in at about 10:30 to help out as well. James had worked part of the night audit shift last night since he wanted to see what it was like, so he hadn’t gotten much sleep. David also arrived to help just after noon, and when he showed up Emily said James could go home. Cristina and Tanner were going up to Yellowstone after work today; they’re going to spend the night there with Cristina’s brother, then explore the park tomorrow, since they both have the day off. They’re probably with her brother by now.
            I just had dinner in the EDR with David, Nate, and Maggie. They said the later shift has been going pretty smoothly as well. I was originally scheduled to work at three tomorrow, but David actually offered to pick up my shift. He was scheduled to have tomorrow off, but he just had three days off, so he said he’d prefer to work tomorrow instead. So instead of my normal shift, I’ll have tomorrow off, which will be nice. My days off have pretty much always been Wednesday and Thursday, so tomorrow should be really nice. I think I’ll probably take my camera back up to Lunch Tree Hill, which is a really simple hike that leads to an incredible view. The hike is only about fifteen minutes, and one of the trailheads is actually right behind the employee dorms. I might go to the pool too; it’s been pretty warm and sunny here the past few days. I think I’ll try to get up in time to meet Nate at the EDR for breakfast before he goes in for the earlier shift tomorrow. My meal plan charges for three meals a day no matter what, so I try to use all of them as much as possible. The EDR only serves breakfast until 8:30, though, so sometimes on days I’m not working I sleep through it.
            After tomorrow I work the later shift on Tuesday, then have my regular “weekend” the next two days. It’s turning into a pretty easy week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment