Saturday, July 5, 2014

Happy Days

Grilled peppers, Italian sausage and good company made for a great dinner

Jesse getting dinner ready on our back porch 


            Jesse’s grilling again tonight! He’d been planning it for a couple of days since he knew that a fraternity brother of his was coming to visit today- or at least that’s what he thought. When I came out on our back porch at about six this evening, I realized that actually his girlfriend, Kelsey, had surprised him by coming in to visit. Now I’m sitting on the picnic table with Jesse, Kelsey, Justin (one of Jesse’s coworkers), and Becky (a friend of Jesse’s that works in Colter Bay). It’s a beautiful evening- pretty warm today, but there’s also a cool breeze. Jesse’s got the grill going and we’re all relaxing out here waiting for the food to be ready.
            Cristina and I worked from three to eleven at the desk last night, then we both worked again from seven to three today. Working back-to-back shifts like that is always kind of tough, but thankfully both shifts were pretty easy. I thought last night’s shift might be hard, or at least super busy, because it was the Fourth of July, and we were at full capacity. But it was actually a very smooth shift. We were all able to leave at almost exactly eleven, which was nice since we had to be back again at seven this morning.
            When we came in this morning there were about 190 check-outs expected. There’s almost exactly the same amount of check-ins for the later shift to handle, so we’re at full capacity again tonight. It was an easy shift, as the morning shifts often are. When it was finished Cristina and I both came back here and took a nap, as we usually do after working turnaround shifts. It’s pretty lucky that Jesse’s grilling out here tonight because when I woke up the EDR wouldn’t be open much longer. I considered running over to get there in time for dinner, but when I stepped out on the back porch and saw Jesse and Kelsey out there with the cooler and grill, I changed my mind. Cristina had gone out to town to do some other things, so she’s not here. Kelsey says she’s staying for a week, though, so we’ll have other times to hang with them. Tanner’s working until nine tonight, then he’ll probably come out and join us.
            Cristina and I work the morning shift again tomorrow. When we’re done I might go back to the pool, depending on the weather. We’ll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment