Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Weekend Time Again!




One of the neighborhood foxes that I saw by my back porch this afternoon. He's actually looking better than he was earlier in the season. He's still pretty skinny, but the first time I saw him I could count his ribs! 
This was a pretty much perfect way to start my weekend 

            Well, it’s time for another weekend! This week definitely felt shorter and easier than last week was at the desk, and I’m super happy that my break is here again! It’s about 8:30 in the evening right now; I just got back from having dinner in the Whistle Pig. Since I worked until eleven last night and returned to work at seven this morning, I was pretty tired by the time work ended at three. After clocking out, I came back to the dorm, changed out of my uniform, ran and put some laundry in at the employee village office, and came back to my room and took a nap. I’d already been considering eating dinner at the Whistle Pig tonight instead of the EDR, and since I didn’t wake up until a little after six, the idea of jumping up and heading over to the EDR to be there in time for dinner wasn’t very appealing. Therefore, at a little before seven I headed over to the Whistle Pig and ordered a burger and onion rings, both of which were delicious. That place is pretty cheap, thankfully, and definitely an upgrade from the food at the EDR. I sat and ate the delicious food while talking to Adam, who works at the activities desk, and a few people in housekeeping that I know. At about 8:30 I headed back here to my dorm room. Cristina was off again today, and I haven’t seen her at all. I don’t think her car is here right now; she might have gone into town for a while, or something like that.
            I haven’t officially made any plans for this weekend, but I’m sure I’ll find some fun stuff to do. I know that, conveniently enough, both Tanner and Jesse have the next two days off as well, so I’ll probably go find them either later tonight or tomorrow to see if they want to go hiking or something like that. I know that Nate and Elliot are planning to do a pretty strenuous, nearly all day long hike over in Paintbrush Canyon tomorrow, but I’m not sure if I’m up for that. Elliot, who actually majored in film production in school, said he’d definitely get pictures and video of the hike; Paintbrush Canyon is supposed to be an absolutely beautiful area. Chatting with Brian at work today, he said that he might do some hiking, or otherwise exploring the park, as well. I think I’ll definitely find some productive and enjoyable way to spend this weekend. Even if I’m tired from work, sleeping too late or sitting around my room for too much time feels like a sin when living in a place like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment