Tuesday, July 15, 2014

New "Kiddo" In Town


            So most weeks, Tuesday is considered my Friday. But this week, as I mentioned in an earlier post, the schedule was flipped around a bit so my days off are Thursday and Friday. It’s been a while since I’ve worked six days in a row, but it’s not a big deal. I go in at three today to work the later shift with David and James, with Emily as the supervisor. I don’t know yet how many check-ins we’re expecting today, but since it’s Tuesday, I don’t think we’ll have an overwhelming amount. I think we may have some tour groups coming in that we can do batch check-ins for, which will make it easier. There’s a decent chance that Emily will let one of us go early, which will probably be me since I have to be back in at seven tomorrow morning, and David and James don’t go in until three tomorrow.
            I just got back from having lunch in the EDR with Cristina, Tanner, and David. They were serving tacos today- thankfully they also always have hot dogs and a salad bar as an alternative. I just can’t eat the EDR’s version of Mexican food; feels like I’m cheating on San Antonio. Tanner’s working at the activities desk from eleven to nine today; I told him when I got to work at three we should try to coordinate so we could go to dinner at the same time. Cristina’s off again today, so she just headed over to relax by the pool. I may do that when I get off work tomorrow, or on one of my days off. I was thinking about doing it yesterday, but the weather wasn’t the best for a day at the pool.
            Tanner told me at lunch today that his softball team is playing another game on Thursday evening, so I’ll probably bring my camera along to document it. Other than that I don’t really have any weekend plans; it seems like most of the time any plans spring up at the last minute. I might find another fun path to hike, or maybe see if anyone I know is going into Jackson and join them. There are a few things I need to pick up there soon, and it’s just a fun town to spend time in. I could probably ask Tanner or maybe Jesse if he’s not working.
            I noticed yesterday on the work schedule that they just hired a new front desk agent. She came to the desk just to ask Emily a few questions yesterday, and Haley and I met her very briefly. Her name is Rebecca, and that’s pretty much all I know so far about her. I noticed her being trained at the desk today when I walked through the lobby before lunch; they usually start by training during the morning shifts since they’re easier. I’m not sure yet when I’ll be working with her; we’ll see.
            I mentioned this on Facebook the other day, but for those of you that don’t keep up with me on that, I’ll say it here too. I’ve pretty much officially come to the conclusion that no matter how old you are, if you’re younger than the majority of people around you, you’ll regularly be referred to as “kiddo”. Pretty much all of the people I know here are at least a little bit older than me. Tanner’s 23, Jesse, Brian and Elliot are 24, Cristina’s 25, David’s 26, Nate’s 27, etc. In fact, out of all the employees I know here, only one of them is younger than me. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing. It’s just, when I worked at the zoo, I worked a LOT with the zoo teamers, who were all younger than me. Yes, I worked with a lot of people who were older as well, but being the youngest again just feels different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment