Thursday, July 24, 2014

In The Summertime When The Weather Is High


Spent my "Saturday" night playing a hilarious game of Munchkin with my roommate and neighbors :)

This afternoon felt great going for a swim, then relaxing by the pool with Tanner and Cristina

            This weekend has been the perfect few days of relaxation and fun with friends. Yesterday evening after uploading my last post I walked over to the employee village office to get some ice- like I said earlier, I never knew what a luxury it was to have easy access to a fridge until I came here! On my way back to my dorm I saw Nate and Elliot getting out of Nate’s car, just getting back from a full day of camping and filming in Paintbrush Canyon. They both said it was awesome but also absolutely exhausting.
            When I got back Cristina and I went into Tanner and Jesse’s room to hang out. We ended up staying in there until about 11:30 listening to music and playing another hilarious game of Munchkin, then Cristina and I cam back to our room and went to bed. Turns out I was wrong about when Cristina was working today; she worked the morning shift. In fact, she said that she has all morning shifts this week, which she’s happy about.
            This morning was pretty uneventful. Tanner, Jesse, and I were all off today, and we all slept fairly late, then just hung out around our rooms for a while before heading over to the EDR together to meet Cristina for lunch. Nate walked in for lunch just a few minutes after we did and ate with us as well; he went in to work at three today. At lunch Tanner and I decided that we’d go hang out at the pool in the afternoon, and Cristina said she’d meet us there when she got off work. After eating and talking with everybody for a while, headed out of the EDR, with Cristina returning to work at the desk and Tanner, Jesse and I going back over to the dorm. Later, at about 2:30, Tanner knocked on my back door and said that he was going to get ready to go over to the pool, so I changed into my suit, slathered on some sunblock, and joined him. The pool wasn’t exactly crowded, but it wasn’t empty either. There really were only a few people actually in the water, mostly children. The majority of people there were in the chairs beside the pool, reading, tanning, or just relaxing by the water. I got in and swam around in the cool, refreshing water for a while. As usual, it felt absolutely great to be back in the water. After spending some time swimming around, I got out and lay down in one of the chairs next to Tanner to take in the sunlight. Cristina soon came and sat next to us, and together we enjoyed the sunlight, the whipping sound of the flags above us being tossed every direction by the strong wind, and the children splashing and playing Marco Polo in the water near us.
            Tomorrow I work at three, but I think I’ll get up earlier to go join Cristina and Nate for breakfast before they go in for the morning shift. I haven’t even looked at my schedule for the rest of the week yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment