Thursday, July 31, 2014

Summer Breeze Makes Me Feel Fine


The view of Jackson Lake from Lunch Tree Hill this evening

Mount Moran in all its glory 

            I absolutely love my weekends here in this park! Today has been super relaxing and fun. It began with me waking up fairly early to go to breakfast with Cristina before she went into work. Getting up early for breakfast on my days off is so much easier than getting up on days when I have to work in the morning, probably because on my days off I know that after breakfast I can go back to my room and sleep for a couple more hours, which is usually what I end up doing. I just figure that I should go eat breakfast as often as possible since I’m getting charged for three meals a day whether I use them or not.
            After breakfast, I had a really easy, maybe kind of lazy morning in my room and out on the back porch. It was still pretty cool out today, but it got a little warmer than yesterday because it was sunny out for a while; perfect weather for relaxing out on the picnic table by my room! I absolutely love that spot.
            I met Jesse in the EDR for lunch at a little before noon. He went into work at seven this evening. He told me he’ll probably be working fairly late tonight since one thing his department needs to do is do some rearranging in the Mural Room, the nicer restaurant upstairs. Obviously, though, they can’t do that until after the Mural Room closes and gets cleaned up, which won’t be until probably close to ten.
            While walking back to the dorms after lunch, I decided that I should go to the pool. The air was still cool, but the sun was warm, and it’d be a fun way to spend the afternoon. So, after running over to the employee village office to drop in a load of laundry, I changed into my swimsuit, grabbed my towel, and headed over to enjoy my “Sunday” afternoon at the pool. As always, being in the water felt absolutely amazing.
            After spending about two hours swimming around and lying out next to the pool, I returned to the dorm. Cristina got back from work just a little while after I did, and we spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out with Tanner, who also had the day off, in and around our rooms. I headed to the EDR before they did, and when I arrived there I saw Nate, who’s working the later shift today. I got my food and sat down with him. Shortly after I did, I saw Jesse walk in, who also came and ate with us. I love hanging out with those guys; they’re awesome.
            When I got back after dinner, I decided to grab my camera and go take some pictures up on Lunch Tree Hill, which is the easy hike that only takes about fifteen minutes from my room. It brings me to such a great panoramic view of Jackson Lake, the Teton Range, and the Willow Flats that I just can’t keep away! I stayed up on the hill for at least half an hour, taking some pictures and admiring the view.
            I work the afternoon shift tomorrow, and every day this week, actually. Nate’s also working that shift tomorrow, so working with him will be nice. I’ll probably get up early again and go to breakfast with Cristina, who’s working the earlier shift again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment