Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Friday On My Mind


Me in my kayak on Jackson Lake

Nate, in the canoe with Cristina, and me close behind them

Me, Colin, and Jesse pulling up on the island we explored 

            Well, today is my Friday, though it doesn’t feel like it since I had yesterday off. Cristina and Tanner got back to the dorms late last night, which was good since Tanner had to be at work this morning. I just got back from having lunch in the EDR with Cristina, Tanner, and Maggie. Jesse and his girlfriend Kelsey were also in there with us for a while. Thankfully Steve, Jesse’s boss, has given him days off or only short shifts recently so Jesse can spend time hanging out with Kelsey instead of working.
            Maggie told me that there are about 140 check-ins expected today, which sounds like it’ll be a really easy day at work. I’ll be working with James again, with Emily as our supervisor. Christopher has now officially left and is starting his new job as a concierge at a hotel in Jackson. I know that’s the job he really wanted to have here, so he’ll surely be happier at his new job. I’ll miss working with him, but he told me that his new job gives him Wednesdays off, so he’ll try to come to any more karaoke outings that we plan (and I don’t doubt there will be more!). We still haven’t heard anything about who will be replacing him. I know that a few of my coworkers applied for the job, including Cristina. She said she’s not sure she even wants it, but thought it couldn’t hurt to apply. Nate and I, on the other hand, said that the small pay upgrade wasn’t worth the extra hours, responsibility, and stress that always comes with a supervisory roll. We’re fine right where we are.
            Today’s Cristina’s day off, so she said she’s going to the pool to relax, like I did yesterday. Nate also has the day off, and when I asked him what his plans were at dinner yesterday, he said he’d probably “hang with the boys” aka. Elliot, his roommate Anthony, and some other guys we know. One of them is leaving soon, so they wanted to have one more day of having fun around the park before he does. Nate also ended up switching shifts with Maggie- she usually works on Wednesdays but wanted tomorrow off, so he’s working her shift tomorrow and she’s working his on Friday. The switch actually worked out well for both of them since Friday, the eleventh, is Nate’s birthday, so he’ll get to have that off. I ended up switching shifts with Haley on Friday as well- normally I’d be working the later shift on Friday, but now I’m working the earlier one so I can hang out with Nate in the evening for his birthday. Cristina works in the morning that day too, and Tanner has Fridays off, so we’ll all be able to hang out for Nate’s birthday. We might go into town for the evening, or maybe just hang out together around here. We’ll see.
            I don’t have anything specific planned out for the next few days at all. I think I’ll probably ask Tanner what he’s doing- I love that we have the same days off! I know there’s a chance of rain for the next couple of days, so we’ll have to consider that. But if it doesn’t we’ll hopefully be able to do something outdoors. Kayaking up at Colter Bay was amazing; I definitely want to do that again sometime. Cliff jumping was a lot of fun too; we both said we wanted to do that at Phelps Lake as well, which is the other spot in the park that’s popular for that. Even if it does end up raining, though, we can probably find a fun way to spend our days.
            I posted a few pictures from when we went kayaking at the Colter Bay marina, but Cristina took a few as well that I didn’t post. I know it was a while back, but since I mentioned it in this post (and a few of you have said that you’d like to see pics that actually have me in them), I figured it can’t hurt to add these pics in now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment