Sunday, July 27, 2014

Walking On Sunshine


            I honestly can’t believe how easy this week has been at work so far (knock on wood)! Last night was honestly a little scary at some points because we were oversold by as many as three rooms, but we made it work. Turns out one of the reservations was intended to be canceled but never went through in our system, and two guests we transferred over to Jenny Lake Lodge, so it amazingly worked out. I got to leave just a little bit before eleven last night, which was really nice since I needed to be back there at seven this morning. Getting out of bed this morning was actually not as hard as it often is, especially for being the morning after a night shift. I was in the EDR having breakfast with Nate by about 6:15, with Cristina joining us soon after. The three of us all worked the morning shift together, with Emily being the supervisor. We had about 175 check-outs when we got there, which was a decent but not insane amount. The shift ended up going really smoothly, with us spending some of it just talking and laughing to each other.
            When the shift ended at three, I immediately knew that I wanted to go hang out at the pool. It was really warm and sunny out all day today- perfect pool weather! When I got back to the dorm I quickly changed into my swimsuit, slathered on some sunblock, grabbed my towel, and headed out. The pool was as busy as I’d seen it all season. There were a lot of kids and families splashing and playing around in the water, with a lot of other people lying out on the chairs beside the pool, taking in the sunlight. The cool water felt absolutely amazing, as it always does. It was a really nice, relaxing, refreshing way to spend the afternoon. I just got back to the dorm from having dinner in the EDR. I don’t really have any plans for the rest of the evening; probably just hang out around here. I’m sure I’ll be going to bed pretty early tonight since I work another morning shift tomorrow. Hopefully it’ll be another easy shift like the past few have been. 

No comments:

Post a Comment