Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Karaoke, Care Packages, and Cliff Jumping


My care package from Jackie. I love it! 


The dandelions that recently filled the sides of the roads are releasing their seeds, and it looks like snow on the ground! 

            My weekends here in this park are the best! Last night at work went very smoothly; James and I were both able to leave right at eleven and head over to the Whistle Pig to relax and have fun with the other employees. Don’t get me wrong, I like my job, but having two days a week to just explore and have fun in this amazing place is amazing. I woke up this morning in time to go to breakfast with Cristina, who’s working the earlier shift today. After breakfast I came back to our room and slept a bit more before totally getting up. I sat out on the back porch for a while, enjoyed the beautiful morning, and thought about the fun weekend I had ahead of me. Not long after that I met Tanner in the dorm and we headed to the EDR together for lunch. We walked through the lodge and saw that Cristina was just going on her lunch break, so she joined and ate with us. I’d told Tanner earlier that I wanted to go to the pool this afternoon, and Cristina said that she wanted to do that too when she got off work. I just got back to the dorm from having lunch, and am currently sitting out on the back porch again writing this. It’s in the low seventies here right now, with the sun shining bright and a light breeze blowing. I really don’t think I could ask for more perfect weather than this. Seems like a great day to go for a swim.
            This evening we’re all heading into Jackson for dinner, then another karaoke night! So far we’ve got me, Nate, Tanner, Cristina, Jesse, Brian, Maggie, Alyson (Maggie’s roommate), and Sadie (another friend of ours who works in the Blue Heron cocktail lounge) going tonight, and a few other people said that they might join us as well. Again, I don’t think I’ll actually get up and do any songs, but it’s still going to be a really fun night.
            After lunch today I headed over to the employee village office to check and see if I’d gotten any mail recently. I was expecting only maybe a letter or two, so I was really surprised when I got a care package from my awesome best friend. I absolutely love it, Jackie! I should also give an overdue shout out to my wonderful “zoo grandpa”, Jeff, for getting this year’s bowling for rhinos t-shirt for me and sending it up to me. I was sad that I had to miss that event this year, but thanks to you I still was able to get the shirt!
            When we were walking to the EDR for lunch, I mentioned to Tanner that Brian had said he was going to go cliff jumping tomorrow, and Tanner immediately said he’d join us. Maggie said she was going to come too. I don’t really know the details for that yet, but I’ll find out when I see Brian this evening. As I’ve been saying, I’ve already been bungee jumping; how much harder could cliff jumping be? We’re all really excited about it.
            Well, I’m going to head to the pool soon, so I guess I’ll end this post here. I’ll update again tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment