Friday, July 18, 2014

In The City


            I’m happy to say that today has been another fun, relaxing, enjoyable day off! Last night Cristina, Tanner and I agreed that we’d all wake up fairly early, go get breakfast at the EDR, then head into Jackson to hang out and pick up a few things. Cristina had to work today, but not until three, so we decided to go in the morning so that we’d have plenty of time to hang out in town, and still be back at the lodge in time for her to get to work.
            As the three of us were getting ready to head to breakfast at about eight this morning, I saw a little mouse run over to one of the corners of the room, near my closet. In that scenario, a lot of girls would absolutely freak out and tear their room apart trying to remove it. Cristina, Tanner and I spent a moment admiring its cuteness, named it, and then went about our day without making any real attempts to get it out. I did decide to open the back door in case it wanted to run out on its own, but it seemed perfectly happy hiding in the corner, so we left it alone. Definitely not the typical reaction to finding a mouse in the room, I’m sure, but I guess we’re not typical girls.
            Anyway, after catching the end of breakfast at the EDR, we hit to road to town at about nine o’clock, making it into Jackson a little before ten. We spent several hours driving and walking around town, picking up some supplies to have in our room and exploring the fun little tourist town. We also stopped for lunch at a little deli before heading out of Jackson at a little after one so Cristina could get back in time for work.
            Tanner and I spent the rest of the afternoon just relaxing around the dorm while Cristina got ready for and went off to work. I was originally scheduled to go into work at three tomorrow, but I switched with David so I actually have the morning shift. Tomorrow is Jesse’s birthday, so we’re planning on going into town again in the evening to go to a movie or something to celebrate with him. So, since I switched, Cristina, Nate and I will all be working the morning shift together tomorrow. That’ll be awesome; it seems like it’s been a while since the three of us have all gotten to work together. In fact, I haven’t really gotten to see or talk to Nate very much at all in the past week or so, so working with him again tomorrow will be nice. He might come into town with us for Jesse’s birthday tomorrow evening as well. I find it really cool; it seems like a lot of people here have summer birthdays. I recently learned that Tanner’s birthday is also in April; it’s a week before mine, in fact.
            Well, it was another great weekend here in this park. Tomorrow should be a good day, getting to work with Cristina and Nate, then hanging out with everybody for Jesse’s birthday. Thankfully, this next week at work is only four days instead of six, since my days off are back to Wednesday and Thursday. Also, strangely enough, all four of those days are morning shifts. Typically I only have like two morning shifts in my week, but I’m not complaining. Getting up early isn’t my favorite thing in the world, but other than that the morning shift is much easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment