Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Out On The Weekend


            So, after a busy, longer than normal work week, it’s finally time for another weekend of fun in this park! I saw next week’s schedule today, and thankfully it goes back to how it used to be, so next week will be a four day week for me instead of a six day week like this one. The past two shifts at work have been pretty simple and easy. Last night by about 9:30, there were only about fifteen check-ins left, and Emily said I could go home. Maggie’s birthday was yesterday, and when I got back to the dorm Cristina and Tanner were getting ready to go into town to celebrate with people. They invited me to join them, but I decided to just go to bed since I had to be back at the desk at seven this morning.
            This morning I was working with Haley, Emily, and Rebecca, the new desk agent. The shift was pretty easy but seemed to kind of drag, especially the last few hours. I think it was probably because I just really wanted my weekend to start. I met Cristina and Jesse in the EDR on my lunch break; Cristina went in at three today and Jesse went in at two. Tanner’s also working the activities desk from eleven to nine today, then he has the next two days off as well.
            After dinner just now I stopped by the activities desk and reserved a spot for myself on the nine o’clock scenic raft trip tomorrow morning. I did one pretty early in the season and loved it so much that I knew I definitely wanted to do it again. Since I knew I didn’t really have any other plans for this weekend, I figured this would be a good time. I wasn’t even sure if there would be availability for one, but I guess I got lucky. Tomorrow evening Tanner’s team has another softball game, so I told him I’d go to that. Cristina’s working seven to three tomorrow, so I’m sure she’ll go too. Friday I have no idea what I’ll do; maybe Tanner and I will go into town, or go for a hike or something. I also might go hang out at the pool.
            I think pretty soon I’m going to go over to the Whistle Pig to enjoy my “Friday” night. I really love that place, and I think there’s a good chance that Nate and some other friends will be hanging out there tonight as well. This week definitely felt extra long, and I’m super happy that my days off are finally here. It’s going to be a really great weekend here in this park.

No comments:

Post a Comment