Saturday, July 19, 2014

They Say It's Your Birthday


            So there’s not very much to report today. The main news is that it’s Jesse’s birthday! Yesterday when I was in town with Cristina and Tanner we got him a card and a couple of gifts- I didn’t mention that in yesterday’s post due to the chance that Jesse would read it. He, and a few other people here, have told me that they occasionally read the blog. I think that’s kind of weird, seeing as how my friends here are with me all the time and pretty much know how I spend my days, but if they enjoy it I guess that’s cool. Anyway, this morning at breakfast in the EDR before work, we got Nate and a few people from Jesse’s department to sign the card. There was a big wedding in the lodge this afternoon, so Jesse had to come in to work for a while earlier in the day to help set up for it, but thankfully his shift didn’t last too long and his boss didn’t make him come back in later to help take it all back down. By the time Nate, Cristina and I were done with work at three, he was done as well and hanging out on the back porch.
            After getting out of our uniforms, Cristina and I joined Jesse out on the porch. Tanner had today off, so he was out there as well. Soon Nate also came to join us, and the five of us sat out there, listening to music and talking. After a while Tanner ran into their room and came back out with the card and the gifts we’d gotten for Jesse yesterday. We knew a couple of things that he’d actually said he was planning on getting for himself for his birthday, but his bank account recently got hacked so he doesn’t have access to any money until his bank mails him a new card. When we learned that Cristina, Tanner and I decided that, instead of making him wait until he had money again to celebrate, we should just get him some of the things we knew he wanted. That was the main reason we went into town yesterday, actually. We also got a few people that know him to chip in some money, then they signed his card as well. After waking up multiple times to Jesse making coffee for us outside, him loaning us his tent to go camping, and him grilling delicious food out on the back porch, we really wanted to do something nice for him for his birthday. Cristina and I definitely got really lucky by getting the room next to him. Not long after I met Jesse he told me that he has a habit of taking on a big brother type of role with a lot of his friends (especially his female friends). He was right; it does often feel like that when I’m hanging out with him.
            Jesse, Nate and I decided not to go into town this evening. It’ll save time and money to just go hang at the Whistle Pig later, which we’ll definitely do. Cristina and Tanner still wanted to go into town, so they left about half an hour ago.
            Like I said, not a whole lot of news to report today. I work the morning shift again tomorrow with Cristina, which shouldn’t be hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment